Greetings HAH Clients:
In the wake of the novel coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic, we are reaching out to communicate the steps we are taking to safely continue operations at Hampstead Animal Hospital. We know your pets are important family members, so we plan to continue operations with additional safety measures in place. Below we will outline the steps we are taking and ask that you do your part to help us continue operations in the safest manner possible.
The steps we are taking:
- Staff members themselves, or those who live with anyone with signs of illness consistent with COVID-19 will not be allowed to work until appropriately cleared by medical professionals
- Healthy staff members have been reminded of appropriate personal precautions
We are increasing and expanding our already vigorous disinfection protocols throughout the hospital
- We will be practicing “social distancing,” so please do not interpret our lack of handshake or distance as rude
Guidelines for visits:
- When arriving for your appointment or surgery, please call us at 603-329-7825 to let us know you are here. A technician will discuss your pet’s needs over the phone, they will then give you instructions and direct you to meet them at a designated transfer point.
- It’s very important that all cats are in carriers and dogs on a leash have proper fitting collars so that our staff can bring your pet into the building safely! If you are bringing in a small/medium-sized dog we recommend using a carrier to transfer your pet to our staff member. When transferring your pet for care, we ask that you keep as much distance as possible between yourself and staff members.
- Following the exam, your veterinarian will call you with the findings and create a plan. Please do not leave the parking lot during the exam.
- If you are in need of medication refills or food we ask that you call ahead of time with your requests. Once approved we will take payment over the phone and deliver to your car.
- If you, or someone with whom you live, are experiencing symptoms of cough, fever, or shortness of breath, please contact us to discuss how to manage your appointment.
We know these are stressful times for everyone. We must all do our part to find the appropriate balance between minimizing the risk of contagion and providing necessary services. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make adjustments as the circumstances dictate.
The Hampstead Animal Hospital Team
NH HHS: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/
Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resources Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/