Greetings HAH Clients:
In the wake of the novel coronavirus / COVID-19 pandemic, we are reaching out to communicate the steps we are taking to safely continue operations at Hampstead Animal Hospital. We know your pets are important family members, so we plan to continue operations with additional safety measures in place. Below we will outline the steps we are taking and ask that you do your part to help us continue operations in the safest manner possible.
Guidelines for visits:
- When arriving for your appointment or surgery, please TEXT US at 603-329-7825 to let us know you are here. You will then receive a call from a staff member and will be given further instructions.
- If you have asked a friend or family member to bring in your pet for care it is important that you let us know ahead of time so that this person can be added to your account. We need to confirm with you that this person has authorization to make care decisions for your pet.
- It’s very important that all cats are in carriers and dogs on a leash have proper fitting collars so that our staff can bring your pet into the building safely! If you are bringing in a small/medium-sized dog we recommend using a carrier to transfer your pet to our staff member. When transferring your pet for care, we ask that you wear a mask and keep as much distance as possible between you and our staff.
- Following the exam, your veterinarian will call you with the findings and create a plan. Please do not leave the parking lot during the exam.
- If you are in need of medication refills or food we ask that you TEXT US at 603-329-7825 with your requests. Once approved we will take payment over the phone.
- If you, or someone with whom you live, are experiencing symptoms of cough, fever, or shortness of breath, please contact us to discuss how to manage your appointment.
The steps we are taking:
- Staff members themselves, or those who live with anyone with signs of illness consistent with COVID-19 will not be allowed to work until appropriately cleared by medical professionals
- Healthy staff members have been reminded of appropriate personal precautions. We are increasing and expanding our already vigorous disinfection protocols throughout the hospital
- We will be practicing “social distancing,” so please do not interpret our lack of handshake or distance as rude. We require you to wear a mask when handing over your pet to our staff.
We know these are stressful times for everyone. We must all do our part to find the appropriate balance between minimizing the risk of contagion and providing necessary services. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and make adjustments as the circumstances dictate.
The Hampstead Animal Hospital Team
NH HHS: https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/
Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resources Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/